Chauvet DJ Opsession HP fixtureprofile

Fixture not working as it should? Post it here and we'll check it out. Be precise with the fixture name as there are many with similar names.
Carpo

Chauvet DJ Opsession HP fixtureprofile

Post by Carpo »

Hi,

I am looking for a good working fixtureprofile for a Chauvet DJ Obsession HP (8 ch).
Have Wolfmix made one - can't find it on the site or on the Wolfmix........

Manual for the Obsession HP are here:
https://www.chauvetdj.com/wp-content/up ... M_Rev2.pdf
Regards
Carsten Poulsen
Carpo Roadshow
www.carpo.dk
www.facebook.com/CarpoRoadshow
axell

Re: Chauvet DJ Opsession HP fixtureprofile

Post by axell »

further explanation for Simon: Chauvet Obsession (without HP) is available at the Nicolaudie library. But the Obsession HP has 8 (!) channels which includes a MIRROR ROTATION (clockwise & counterclockwise). Eventually this can be reassigned to Pan parameter. But as nobody else responded to have such device for testing I suggested to ask Nicolaudie direct to create a profile where the mirror also is working with Wolfmix effect (Move FX) engine.
Simon

Post by Simon »

All done, except I've added mirror rotation as an 'Other' channel. I don't think the Move FX module would be useful for this kind of channel as the rotation doesn't set the beam in a specific place. I'd recommend either triggering it via a live edit.

Alternatively you could map this with the Beam FX module by going into the advanced beam settings, selecting the fixture, assigning the 'Effect' feature type to channel 8 with min and max value of 0 and 86 (Fw 0.6 or higher is required to do this). After this, you can choose the 'Effect' feature type from the Beam FX module.
axell

Post by axell »

cool thanks, also for the advise how to best use the channel 8.
ianforest

Post by ianforest »

I made my own obsession HP profile initially off the manual but then discovered that even the manual wasn’t 100% correct so I can now control it properly with colours, gobos etc.

Having said that, I use live edits mainly for random’ish shows which I’m fairly happy with, that frees up the move and beam fx settings for use with moving heads.

If anyone else wants this profile then you can download it from here…

https://drive.google.com/file/d/18561Yt ... p=drivesdk