Blizzard Hypno Spot

Fixture not working as it should? Post it here and we'll check it out. Be precise with the fixture name as there are many with similar names.
paulm12

Blizzard Hypno Spot

Post by paulm12 »

The Blizzard Hypno Spot is a moving head fixture that contains 3x SMD LED rings that surround a 30W LED Spot. The spot part of the light is not blacking out when using Wolfmix’s global “Blackout” function. A few details:

The default profile has issues-the Hypno Beam is a unique light in that it is a 30W spot surrounded by 3x SMD LED rings, four a total of 4 independent control zones and thus 4 beams on the profile. Note that the 3 rings and the spot part of the light each have separate dimmers (for a total of 2: one for the spot and one for all 3 rings, which work correctly with this fixture) as well as their own shutter channel, but neither’s shutter channel has an explicit “blackout” function. As a result it seems that Wolfmix’s “blackout” function may try to look for a blackout command in the shutter, and if it doesn’t find it, simply set the dimmer to 0.

In 23 Channel Mode: the spot’s dimmer is channel 6, with the strobe/shutter channel being channel 7. The rings’ dimmer is channel 20 while the strobe/shutter for the rings is channel 19

I also have two Blizzard Hypno Beams, which are similar lights except they only have 2x SMD LED rings and 1x 60W RGB LED (thus a total of 3 “beams” according to the Nicolaudie fixture builder). The blackout for this light works for both the LED rings and the center light.

Clicking the dimmer knob on the home page actually causes the 30W spot to blackout. In other words, the dimmer works fine, and the channel blackout works fine for the lights, but the global blackout/“blackout” button on the right side of the fixture does not work for the 30W spot.
Simon

Re: Blizzard Hypno Spot

Post by Simon »

I made some updates to this profile yesterday, let me know if it solves the problems :)
paulm12

Re: Blizzard Hypno Spot

Post by paulm12 »

Simon wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:47 am I made some updates to this profile yesterday, let me know if it solves the problems :)
Hey Simon, thanks. The profile is working great now.