Stairville Novaspot 250

Fixture not working as it should? Post it here and we'll check it out. Be precise with the fixture name as there are many with similar names.
Marxn

Stairville Novaspot 250

Post by Marxn »

Hi Guys,
I hope you had a happy new year.
I have issues with the fixture profile for my Stairville Novaspot 250.
This moving head has two color and two gobo wheels. I'm not able to access the colors or the gobos on the second wheels.
I also tried to use a self generated ssl2 profile and the Wolfmix fixture builder, but I didn't get it working.

In general, is the Wolfmix able to handle two gobo wheels with merged projections (use focus to switch between both gobos)?

Greetings Markus
Working with my Wolfmix in Paderborn, Germany
www.bdm-systems.de
Simon

Re: Stairville Novaspot 250

Post by Simon »

Hi Markus, I've just made some corrections to this profile. It should work much better now. Let me know how you get on.

The COLOR and COLOR FX screens will only control the 1st color wheel (you'll need a live edit to access the colors on the 2nd one). You can access gobos from both wheels from the GOBO screen (shift + hit a gobo to see all gobos). However only 1 gobo can be used per wheel at a time.
Marxn

Post by Marxn »

OK, the "SHIFT+GOBO" solved my problem. I didn't remember this function.
But why is the default generated Gobo just empty on several positions if there is only one type of fixture in the project?
Is the default Gobo type for position 1-10 a fixed programmed value in the firmware?

I have a second issue with the color wheels.
As the "SHIFT+GOBO" solved the gobos I wanted to adjust the colors as well. But the menu only gives options for the colorpickers and a predefined color wheel that does not match the installed colors of the head. How can I adjust the colorwheel to match the installed colors?
www.bdm-systems.de
Marxn

Post by Marxn »

Hi Simon,
Also with FW 6.2 I‘m still not able to adjust the color selector to show the colors of the wheel that are defined in the fixture.
I would expect to see only the colors from the fixture if I select the Wheel color picker.
Color Picker.jpg
Color Picker.jpg (474.14 KiB) Viewed 5253 times
Wheel1.jpg
Wheel1.jpg (442.16 KiB) Viewed 5253 times
Wheel2.jpg
Wheel2.jpg (454.54 KiB) Viewed 5253 times
www.bdm-systems.de
Simon

Post by Simon »

These colors don't relate to the color wheel on the fixture, rather it's a grid of generic colors to choose from. The closest availble color to the selected color will be chosen.
Marxn

Post by Marxn »

Hi Simon,
wouldn't it be helpful to have a little Icon (or similar) on the color picker wheel buttons, that indicate which colors are natively available an which are not or take the closest color?
In addition it would be very helpful to have names or other wording/labeling on the colors in the fixture builder. It's hard to differ f.e. Blue, Purple and UV or Turquoise and Cyan.

have a nice weekend!
www.bdm-systems.de