Showtec octostrip mk2

Fixture not working as it should? Post it here and we'll check it out. Be precise with the fixture name as there are many with similar names.
Shane

Showtec octostrip mk2

Post by Shane »

Hi

I’m struggling adding the showtec octostrip mk2
Profile from wtools onto the w1 controller
The message on the controller reads

Error adding profile try re-syncing with the app???

Also in wtools the select fixtures to sync bar is stuck at 93%
So may this be the cause?? If so how do I overcome it.

Thank you
Simon

Re: Showtec octostrip mk2

Post by Simon »

Hi Shane

These look great, do you have 8pcs? The problem here is that the Wolfmix currently only supports 255 channels per profile, and the profile has over 255 channels when you add up all the channels on all the modes. I'm going to work on fixing this but I'm going to need a few weeks to find the time to sort it out. In the meantime, I've split the fixture into 3 profiles and have shared them with your cloud account. You should see them inside the cloud brand. If you can spare the channels I'd recommend using either mode 5 or mode 6.

The bar in WTOOLS shows the profile memory used on the Wolf.

Let me know if you still get trouble with it
jvyduna

Post by jvyduna »

In case anyone still finds this error message in 2024, I want to confirm this is still a problem.

I was trying the fixture file for the Colorado PXL Curve 12, which is made by someone at Nicolaudie Group and marked "Works with Wolfmix". It has 12 modes that together have over 1000 channels defined. It does not work with Wolfmix.

You can delete modes in the profile to reduce channel count, and that one will load.
axell

Post by axell »

You do not ADD the Modes for the max Channel counts, as you only load ONE Mode at a time - THIS then defines the channel count.

But it is true that those fixtures with high multiple functions (12x Tilt, 12x Zoom, 12x RGBW) the profiles need special attention and they are not ready out-of-the-box to use. But YOU ALSO need special attention by reading the manual and select the most appropriate Channel Mode for Wolfmix!

In your Case with Colorado PXL 12 Curve I would select 101 Channel Mode, where you have 12x Tilt, 12x Zoom, 12x RGBW + eventually built-in Patterns you may want to activate thru Live Edits - its all in there!
Then create 3 µ (sub) Profiles (one for Tilts, one for Zoom, one for RGBW) and then load them immediately after each other, to get the 101 channel counts (if you have multiple PXL Curve fixtures, you have to load every Curve12 as profile 1,2,3, and then the next profile 1,2,3 for the next Curve - and so on...- so for every Curve you end up having 3 entries in the Fixture Setup in the correct order 1,2,3.) - Done!

* pt1of3 Colorado PXL Curve 12 (26Ch - 12x Tilts/ µTilts)
* pt2of3 Colorado PXL Curve 12 (23Ch - Dimmer, Strobe, 12x Zoom)
* p31of3 Colorado PXL Curve 12 (52Ch - 12x RGBW)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Total Channels 101Channels

(you can contact me on the Wolfmix Facebook Groups - there are not many "Axels" around ;-) )
Last edited by axell on Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
axell

Post by axell »

Shane
to solve your problem with Octostrip, I would suggest the following:
1. decide what Channel Mode you want to use. Wolfmix has a max of 1.024 adresses (4 universes x 512Ch) - so that is your max limit. If you want to use 208Ch mode (100cm) or 206Ch (50cm) - then you can only connect up to 4 Bars per Wolfmix. If you reduce the channel Modes to 112Ch (8 LED stripes with each 4 segments by RGB + Dimmer & Strobe) you can attach more, but having just a bit less segments per tube.

2. Once you decided what Channel Mode you want to use, create your dedicated profile, splitting it up into 2 smaller sections (per tube):
Example 112 channels:
a) 1st section only contain the 8x Dimmer + 8x Strobe (using "beams" to separate) - 16Ch
b) 2nd section has the 8x 4 segments (32) x RGB(3) = 96Ch
These 2 µ (micro) profiles you load and then you can control the Tilt movements and the Dimmer + RGB Colors in the Effects with the PHASE encoder for variations.
jvyduna

Post by jvyduna »

axell wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:09 am You do not ADD the Modes for the max Channel counts, as you only load ONE Mode at a time - THIS then defines the channel count.
I didn't. If you take the "official" Nicolaudie profile and try to add just the 101 channel mode on most recent firmware, the WMX1 chokes.

My point is you shouldn't need to experiment and use the cloud profile editor to remove an indeterminate number of available modes just to prevent a Wolfmix from throwing an error when trying to load just one, especially on a profile marked "Works with WolfMix". This is a bug.
axell

Post by axell »

Got it - you are unable to load the profile to even SELECT the channel mode from, as (a total of) 1.000+ (chs) make Wolfmix "choke" ( = not loading) giving:
Error: Fixture Profile not added. Resync with WTOOLS to fix [OK]

The "bad" part is that this profile is (officially) labelled a "WWW" (works with wolfmix)!
Did you open a ticket on that?